Exposure yes - but to whom? ~ traffic-exchanges-explained

Friday 22 May 2009

Exposure yes - but to whom?

Like many of you I assume, I am also a fan of twitter though I am not sure where it is really going at the moment. Anyway I receive daily a digest of all tweets on "traffic exchanges" and unfortunately most of them follow the example I have just picked up:

heartbeat1 One of the biggest traffic exchanges. Huge exposure...http://tinyurl.com/pk9fr8 Monday, 18 May 2009, 11:10 am - Reply - View Tweet - Retweet - Direct Message

I do not know which traffic exchange the individual is trying to promote and that is really not the point, the point is exposure - but not to a trageted public. I mentioned this in earlier postings but I feel I have to stress again that Traffic Exchanges are a source of traffic but mainly for those wanting traffic to other Traffic Exchanges.

Do not get me wrong, I am not knocking Traffic Exchanges. They are valid in their own right and for certain purposes - but if I have a little website trying to sell antigue furnishings, I would not be too optimistic about finding customers through a Traffic Exchange.

No comments: